The answer begins with posture. Posture stimulates muscle growth. If muscles are imbalanced, they may cause pain and inhibit growth. Good posture is something that you can teach yourself through constant reminders at the computer, while reading a book and even doing the dishes. It is possible to develop muscles that reinforce good posture through an exercise program. Please consult a specialist or send us some photos firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions. We are happy to help :)
We recommend the following weighted exercises in addition to your rowing workouts.
TO STRENGTHEN THE LEGS and REACH FULL HIP EXTENSION:
- Including 'single leg' and 'Sumo Deadlift' variations
- Including 'single leg' and 'overhead' variations
- Glute Bridges
- Including 'single leg' and weighted variations
TO IMPROVE THORACIC EXTENSION
- Superman Exercises (can be done without weights, but essential to posterior chain development)
- Including floor, swiss-ball and roman chair variation
TO EXTERNALLY ROTATE THE SHOULDERS
- Assisted pull-ups
- Standing Tricept extensions.
- Alphabet variations (I, T, W, Y) (Can be done without weights)